Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm the queen of plastic surgery

I’m the queen of plastic surgery….kinda

My friends call me the queen of plastic surgery, but I’ve never had any. The thing that is true is that I get things done. I’ve had laser hair removal, Dermabrasion, chemical peels, fruit peels, Lasik, teeth whitening, and permanent make up. All of these things have either improved my appearance or made things easier for me. I’ve never had Botox or Restalyn but only because I don’t need them ;-). If I ever do need them I have no problem making an appointment and getting it done. I’m not trying to look younger than my years, just good. It makes me sad to see women my age or even younger look like hell because they think it’s vain to spend money refreshing their looks. If you don’t take care of yourself, who will? I don’t think there is anything wrong with getting your hair colored professionally when they grays begin to show up. There is nothing wrong with getting a peel or buying a slightly pricey moisturizer that plumps up the fine lines near your eyes and makes your face feel like a baby’s bottom. I frequently have to reveal my age to new acquaintances who think I’m 10yrs younger than my actual age. It’s confusing to them. I speak like a middle aged woman but I look 28. I do not dress young for my age, I just look youthful. Why look old and crappy if you don’t have to?

I got permanent make up for my 34th birthday. Last year my 40th rolled around and I felt I needed a touch up. There were some issues with scheduling and I wasn’t able to get it done until two weeks ago (picture below). While quite pleased with myself, I heard the phrase queen of plastic surgery in my head when I looked at my end result. Then the other night I was watching R.H.o M. and thought, “My god, I hope I don’t look like one of these bitches!” There is a fine line between maintaining and butchering your face up. I hope I always know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment