Saturday, March 19, 2011

Heavy recap

Heavy

Johnny and Jill

Johnny

- 20

Tempe, AZ - College Student

Height: 6'0"

Start Weight: 404.2 lbs

End Weight: 266 lbs

“This experience taught me so much, I now understand how important it is to live a healthy lifestyle. I hope to be an example and inspire others.”

Johnny is very young. And in his young life he has been through a lot. Born to a 14yr old girl, he had a very rough upbringing. Overwhelmed by motherhood, his child mother gave him up and he spent his childhood in foster care. His fear of abandonment manifested itself in overeating. Food was the one constant in his life. When Johnny arrives at Hilton Head, his spirit is strong but his body is weak. Johnny has always skated by along the fringe of life and has no clue how to workout or even play sports. He is the youngest of the group but the first to quit.

The trip to the Piggly Wiggly brought the LoL’s when Johnny sniffed at a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I would’ve done the same thing. I love me some Krispy Kreme!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so happy for Johnny when he found his biological dad and siblings. It seemed to free him from the chains of his past and allow him to now move forward in his life. The spark in his eye was evident and he seemed to explode with new life. His decision to study Culinary Nutrition was an inspired one. I definitely see great things in his future.

Jill

- 35

Gainesville, GA - 2nd Grade Teacher

Height: 5'6"

Start Weight: 305 lbs

End Weight: 210 lbs

I am so lucky to have had this opportunity to start my journey on loving and accepting myself and knowing that I am strong and deserving of a healthy and long life.”

Jill wants to have children and her weight causes major fertility issues. She teaches 2nd grade and longs for a child of her own. Jill appears to be serious in the beginning but soon the cracks in her veneer show. Jill sneaks food at night and doesn’t understand how that affects her weight loss. As a counselor points out, they are at a weight loss spa. They have individual menus designed just for them and her silly behind is sneaking peanut butter? Jill looked that woman dead in her eye and said, “Sometimes I just need some peanut butter.” It was as if she were speaking of water. Yeah, sometimes I just need some Red Velvet cake but a $12,000 a month spa is not the place to be sneaking it. Unless she has some calorie free peanut butter, Jill is a self saboteur for sure. What was even more pitiful is even in her talking head she was still trying to justify having contraband in her room. Jill is another individual with more excuses than a MotherF*cker going to jail.

Jill lost 95 lbs and that is a great feat. I wonder how much she would have lost if she hadn’t cheated…. I would personally like to see her lose another 40-50 lbs due to her short stature. Her make over was great and definitely was the cherry on top of her weight loss. While Jill has made great strides, her journey is not over. Hopefully, she will get it thru her head to follow doctor’s orders and be rewarded with the little bundle of joy she’s been dreaming about.

No comments:

Post a Comment