Monday, February 14, 2011

Fitness to feel young and sexy


How to get your groove back- fitness to feel young and sexy

While we are on this fitness journey together we need to discuss a few peripheral subjects. Last week I discussed clothing to enhance your mood. This week I want to discuss beauty, hair, and skincare. When I’m at the gym I notice good and bad examples of how we as women take care of ourselves. I see women wearing full faces of make up. I see women wearing their hair down or pulled up with newspaper rubber bands. I see women wearing non-supportive bras. I see women wearing shoes made for fashion, not working out. I once saw a chick wearing stilettos and sunglasses on the Stairmaster! I feel like that one comedian and just walking up to them, “Here’s your sign.” What’s with women wearing their hair down at the gym? Who are you trying to be sexy for? There’s a chick in my TKB class with waist length hair who comes in with it down, then struggles to pull it up into a ponytail while doing the drills, and has to stop numerous times to fix it. Why doesn’t she just put it up in a bun to begin with? Like I do ;-). I try to understand the make up thing. If you’re coming from work or sneaking in a lunchtime workout, I’ll cut you some slack. But I see some women who stroll in on Saturday with a full face of war paint and then act too cute to sweat because their make up might run. I sweat like a beast when I work out, the gym is no place to be cutesy. The only thing cute about me at the gym is my outfit and it still has to be functional.

Aside from losing weight and toning up, working out has beauty benefits as well. Jogging, jumping jacks, and fast paced dancing helps keep your skin firm. Sweat helps flush impurities. Vigorous exorcise helps blood circulation and gives your skin a rosy glow.

Make sure your gym bag has all the essentials your need for after your workout. My gym bag has small train case with 3 oz bottles of the following;

  1. body wash
  2. special Tea tree body wash for intimate area
  3. shampoo
  4. conditioner
  5. lotion
  6. sunscreen
  7. eye make up remover
  8. deodorant
  9. styling spritz
  10. styling wax
  11. mini brush
  12. tooth paste
  13. travel toothbrush
  14. razor
  15. dental floss
  16. “new item” OneMoreinBoston’s body scrub

I also keep a spare pair of panties, socks, pantyhose, and scarf. I can’t count how many times I have rescued someone by giving them a sample shampoo packet, a tampon, and recently a razor! I bring my own body wash because the soap at the gym disgusts me. Since I work out 6-7 times a week, if I used the gyms cheap soap my skin would be thrashed. I use unscented body wash due to my psoriasis. For lotion I use non-scented brands or scented with natural essential oils like lavender or plumeria (my favorite) cut in half with baby oil gel. I use Mitchum deodorant because it lasts longer. I like Avon’s creamy eye make up remover because I use liquid waterproof eyeliner and mascara. For shampoo I like Paul Mitchell Tea tree and Sebastion’s Laminates conditioner. When my hair is “tore up” I use my Paul Mitchell Tea tree styling wax to slick my hair into a ponytail. On my face I smooth on either Clean & Clear dual action moisturizer or Aveeno Ultra-Calming daily moisturizer with SPF 30.

Well, now that I’ve divulged all my favorites, what are yours? Do you have a favorite must have beauty item that makes life easier? Please share with the group ;-)

Also, feel free to ask me any questions about hair, skin, and make up. I am a beauty professional with 20+yrs experience in the field.

Calorieking.com

Fitbottomedgirls.com

Hungrygirl.com

Active.com

Selfmagazine.com

Fitnessmagazine.com

House-Foods.com

Sparkpeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment