Monday, February 14, 2011

10K Run

2011 Super Run 10k/5k in San Diego, Ca

Okay, I didn’t break any speed records. I finished, I didn’t have to be carried over the finish line, no CPR, and no vomiting. It was a brisk sunny day in Mission Beach. This was 3rd year doing this event. When they announced the race was about to begin, I complained to a woman standing next to me that the starting line wasn’t very flashy. I wanted to take a nice picture for this blog. The woman stared at me like I was crazy. ”Weight loss blog? Who you?” She was a very fit person and her shock made me giggle inside like a school girl. The race started and I felt great. At the 1 mile mark the timer yelled out, “10 minutes!” Cool J The course snaked through the Sea World parking lot and around the bay. At the 2 mile mark the timer yelled out, ”22 minutes!” and I thought to myself, “Okay, I see a trend.” At the 3 mile mark, “33 minutes!” Sure enough, I ended up averaging 11 minutes a mile, very short of my 8 minute average running 5K’s. My final time was 1 hr and 9 minutes. But that’s okay. AZ Girl told me I did great and I believe her J . Matter of fact, I went to the gym afterwards, ran 2 more miles, and then took a Zumba class. My fitness goal for 2011 is to finish a 10k in under an hour. I think I can do and by reporting it to my friends here on the blog, I’m holding myself accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment