Monday, February 14, 2011

Heavy recap

Heavy

Travis and Lindy

Lindy

Height: 5'6"

Start Weight: 284.6 lbs

End Weight: 220.2 lbs

“This has been an extremely emotional journey for me. I’m finally equipped with the proper tools and resources necessary to live the healthy, happy and energetic life I’ve dreamed of.”

I’m going to be honest with you; I didn’t really care for Lindy too much. She started out at 5’6” and 109 lbs. That’s underweight. Lindy built her image around being underweight and “sexy”. In my experience, underweight chicks often don’t know to deal with pregnancy weight. After having children she settled at a normal 130-140lbs but I suspect she wasn’t happy with that. When her marriage fell apart she ballooned up to 284lbs. She says her daughters are embarrassed to be seen with her. Maybe when you were 109 lbs you made fun of heavy set people? Maybe when you were 109 lbs you wore sexy clothes and as you gained weight you started dressing down? I suspect Lindy wasn’t very nice towards heavy people when she was thin and her daughters attitudes were a reflection of the things they heard at home

I was also a little perturbed to see her attitude towards the counseling sessions at the weight loss spa. She said it was nobody’s business. Okay, then why did you come on the show? You are on a T.V. show, you’ve shown us your exposed belly fat, we know how much you weigh, but therapy is private? Her attitude made me think she wasn’t completely open to the process. She lost weight but I think she might have had more success if she hadn’t fought the trainers and counselors every step of the way. I was not inspired by Lindy’s story.

Once at home Lindy decides to plan a wedding. She uses the wedding as an excuse to sample fattening foods and drink empty calories. Despite everything she’s been taught, she is not following the advice. She claims to workout 3-4 hrs a day. I don’t believe her. She never seemed to embrace training at Hilton Head and I doubt she does at home. The scale says someone is lying. Lindy doesn’t seem to care and neither do I.

Travis

Height: 5'9"

Start Weight: 431.2 lbs

End Weight: 333.6 lbs

“I wasn’t a good role model for my sons, I was just a lump on a couch. I needed to make a change and getting healthier was the only choice.”

I had mixed feelings about Travis. The trainer was reading my mind when he stated that Travis kept saying he was doing it for his kids but the effort didn’t reflect that. Travis had a lot to overcome. In the at home footage, his family is shown sitting down to a southern fried meal that had me drooling and my stomach churning all at the same time. Travis grabbed a gravy boat and poured gravy over his whole plate. The road to healthy eating was going to a long one for him.

During his journey Travis became a dad for the second time. The late night feedings and stress that come with a tiny bundle of joy threatened to snap Travis’s last nerve. A sharp reprimand from his personal trainer causes him to walk out of a training session. We see Travis struggle with the emotional battle that comes with changing old habits. In the end Travis seems to get it and the weight starts to come off. At his final weigh in he losses 99.99 lbs. I’ll call it 100lbs and feel no shame doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment