Monday, February 21, 2011

Heavy recap

Heavy

Kevin and Flor

Kevin

Height: 5'11"

Start Weight: 596.7 lbs

End Weight: 507.0 lbs

“This journey has taught me that nothing in life comes easy, but you can't beat the results. One day at a time.”

I once had an old boyfriend from Mississippi who would say, “He’s got more excuses than a MotherF*cker going to jail”. Kevin has a lot of reasons for why he can’t achieve his goals. My radar began pinging with him in his intro when he said he didn’t think he was obese. How in the hell are you damn near 600lbs and think you are just big boned? I didn’t expect him to flog himself on camera but he seemed too comfortable with his current weight. When Kevin was busted bringing candy to Hilton Head I almost threw my shoe at the T.V. First thing he did was lie. “I didn’t buy that.” So what? If someone else buys the candy, do the calories no longer count? If Kevin had spent as much time working out as he did spouting “Affirmations”, he might have really lost some weight. Did he think the weight was going to magically evaporate? He refused to follow the advice of the experts trying to work with him. His sorry ass excuse about different climates in different states causing him to gain back 14 lbs at home ticked me off! Who do you think you’re fooling? You stated on camera you were gonna do things your way. If what he was doing before had worked, he wouldn’t be 600lbs, but Kevin is hardheaded. I really wish I knew what was going through his head. To me it was a complete waste of 30 days and $12,000 at Hilton Head and the following 5 months at home. He gained absolutely nothing from his experience. Kevin did not appreciate the blessing this experience could have been to him and his family.

Flor

Height: 5'0"

Start Weight: 308.6 lbs

End Weight: 242.8 lbs

“It has been a difficult journey, but I have learned through therapy, knowledge and hard work that it was lies that enabled me and justified my addiction to food.”

Flor has been through a lot in her life and has been waiting for an opportunity to break free. During the at home footage her husband spoke of her like a roommate and not a woman he loved dearly. This broke my heart and I really felt for Flor. When Flor came to the weight loss facility she came with determination. This pint sized woman kicked major ass! I knew she was not playing when she shaved her head. Talk about a rebirth. Too bad none of her positive attitude rubbed off on Kevin. Flor knew she had to turn her life around when she came on the show and she did not waste any opportunity. Flor was very inspiring to me. I loved her fighting spirit. She looked absolutely glowing at the final weigh in. I definitely see Flor achieving her weight loss goals and being fabulous.

This episode should have been called determination and denial. I was taken on an emotional roller coaster this week. I knew this show would evoke feelings but I never knew I would get this wrapped up! Flor’s picture should be in the dictionary under girl power. Kevin’s should be in the dictionary under slacker.

Next weeks episode looks like another ride on the Heavy rollercoaster of love J

No comments:

Post a Comment